Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fantastic Fest On Demand

Well, this is cool. IFC Midnight is going to release the four films they are sending to Fantastic Fest simultaneously On Demand. The films are Heartless, High Lane, Primal, and Red White and Blue. I don't know anything about High Lane or Primal, but I've been looking forward to Heartless. And I wrote about Red White and Blue before. My earlier review;

"Saw Red, White and Blue at the Underground Film Fest. Really good, and really disturbing. I suppose it would be called a horror film, but it isn't supernatural in any way. It's flawed people in bad situations doing nasty things to each other. It's far more character-driven than most horror films and it's really well done. I do have to point out that I don't remember the last time I saw violence so graphic and realistic on screen that I couldn't watch it. But it's still a really beautiful film. Odd juxtaposition, I know, but it's well worth checking out. Noah Taylor is fantastic. I've liked him in supporting roles for years and I need to check out some of his other work."

The films will be available September 23rd.

No comments: