Thursday, November 24, 2011

2011 Mixes!

I know. I usually wait until December to pick out mixes for the year. But I have been waking up every morning for the last week humming "Past Three O'Clock" and "Bring a Torch, Jeannette, Isabella" and now that we have officially passed Thanksgiving, I'm planning on cranking the carols for the rest of the year. (A quick note: lots of these were not released this year. Oh well.) So, for all of you in a tryptophan-induced coma, enjoy:

2011 (Disc 1)
Lost in the World (ft. Bon Iver) - Kanye
Moneygrabber - Fitz and the Tantrums (thanks, Em!)
Lonely Boy - The Black Keys
1977 - Ana Tijoux
Arlandria - Foo Fighters
Only Happy When it Rains (live in Trieste) - Garbage
Two Years Before the Mast - Astronautalis (thanks, Konner!)
Somebody That I Used to Know (ft. Kimbra) - Gotye
The Rake's Song - The Decemberists
Repatriated - Handsome Furs (thanks, Chris!)
Uberlin - R.E.M.
Gangsta - tUnE-YarDs
Freaks and Geeks - Childish Gambino
Echoes - The Rapture (what? I watched a lot of Misfits this year)
Rolling Till the World Ends - Adele vs. Britney (I figure everyone has Rolling in the Deep, so this is one of the remixes I like)
I Can't Behave Myself (ft. Neon Hitch) - Deadmau5
Sex Changes - The Dresden Dolls (I wanted one of their songs on here, since I rang in the New Year with them)
Letterbomb - American Idiot Broadway Cast
Shake It Out - Florence + the Machine

2011: The Original Motion Picture Soundtrack (Disc 2)
You Are Here - Selene (sampling Clint Mansell's score from Moon. Mooooon!)
Titanium (ft. Sia) - David Guetta
Cold War - Blaqk Audio
Cardiac Arrest (ft. Robyn) - Teddybears (Again, I figure everyone has Call Your Girlfriend...)
Planetary (Go!) - My Chemical Romance (I listened to this one a lot while I was training for my 5k)
Not in Love (ft. Robert Smith) - Crystal Castles
A Real Hero - College (from the Drive Motion Picture Soundtrack)
The Devil is in the Details - The Chemical Brothers (from the Hanna Motion Picture Soundtrack)
White Rabbit - Emiliana Torrini (from the Sucker Punch Motion Picture Soundtrack)
The Man Comes Around - Johnny Cash (not from any particular soundtrack, but used to great affect in the Sarah Connor Chronicles and Dawn of the Dead)
Marcy's Song - John Hawkes (from the Martha Marcy Mae Marlene Motion Picture Soundtrack)
California Earthquake - Mama Cass (in honor of our many recent earthquakes and from the Beautiful Thing Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Who's Been Loving You? - Watsky
Foolin' - Devendra Banhart
Pretty When You Cry - VAST
Heavy Metal Lover - Lady Gaga
The Birds pt. 1 - The Weeknd
Hard to Explain - Owen Pallett
21 Guns - American Idiot Broadway Cast
Video Games - Lana Del Rey
You Know What I Mean - Cults

No comments: