Sunday, July 1, 2012

TV themes/credits

And speaking of tv... Vulture had a piece a while back about favorite television themes.

I'll agree with Mission Impossible and Deadwood, but that's about it. I'll admit to a fondness for actual songs as themes (Bosom Buddies, Justified, CSI, Veronica Mars, True Blood)



I really like the How I Met Your Mother theme, because it sounds like the kind of ditty you'd shout along with at a bar.

What else? The X-Files, Firefly, Doctor Who, Blackadder, The Wire, Dragnet, Adams Family, The Dick Van Dyke Show, Knight Rider, Law & Order, The Lone Ranger, M*A*S*H*...

Top Gear, obviously

THE MUPPET SHOW.


I can also tell you my least favorite: Big Bang Theory. Ugh. Mute.

Speaking of Deadwood, it also is one of my favorite opening sequences:



Other best credits: Carnivale





Dexter



 American Horror Story
 

John Adams


Six Feet Under



Flight of the Conchords



Hmmm. What else? Simpsons and their many variations. Dead like me? Bored to Death? Game of Thrones? Angels in America? Borgias? The Pacific? United States of Tara?

No comments: