Friday, February 15, 2013

Oscar Food

I'm not hosting a viewing party this year, since I will only just be getting back to my place the day of (and thus have no prep time). BUT! Were I hosting, here would be the menu:

Hush Puppies (Beasts of the Southern Wild)
Cheesesteaks, wings, and Raisin Bran (Silver Linings Playbook)
French cheese, cassoulet, and boudin noir (Les Mis, Amour)
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie-lets (Life of Pi - sushi would also be acceptable)
Kababs, koftas and dolmes (Argo, Zero Dark Thirty)
Fried chicken and collard greens (Django)
Apple cobbler or candied apples (Snow White and the Huntsman/Mirror Mirror)
Haggis (Brave, Skyfall)
Guacamole & Chips (Fresh Guacamole)
Mini-bar liquor bottles (Flight)
Pigs in a blanket (Frankenweenie. These breadsticks are also adorable)
Schwarma (the Avengers)
Sugar cookies in gingerbread man shape (Searching for Sugar Man)
Fruity cocktails (Kon-Tiki)
Blini, Potato Vareniki, and piroshki (Anna Karenina)
Log Cake (Lincoln)
Rum (Pirates! band of Misfits)
Water with black food coloring (Prometheus)

Or you could order up Denny's shire menu for your guests. (Don't do that.)

I also highly recommend labeling your ice bucket "Chasing Ice"


(I also found these suggestions that I quite liked: Gumbo Unchained, Zero Dark & Stormys, Moonrise Moonpies.)

No comments: