Friday, December 17, 2010

SAG noms, redux

And the tv nominations:

Best Ensemble (Drama): Boardwalk Empire, The Closer, Dexter, The Good Wife and Mad Men.

I'm going for Dexter on this one, since Breaking Bad is oddly absent (what is UP with the total lack of love for Emmy winner Aaron Paul... hmmmm? First the Globes TOTALLY OVERLOOK HIM and now this. Sheesh.)

(I'm also a little annoyed, because I went to watch Dexter on the plane, thinking it was the season finale, and... nope. It was the penultimate episode. So, I'm on a cliff hanger, and the internet here is so molasses slow I haven't been able to watch the finale. I can't watch anything on Hulu, either, and I'm majorly behind on Burn Notice and Glee. My life is so hard.)

Best Male Actor (Drama Series): Steve Buscemi (Boardwalk Empire), Bryan Cranston (Breaking Bad), Michael C Hall (Dexter) , Jon Hamm (Mad Men) and Hugh Laurie (House)

OH HEY LOOK THEY HAVE SEEN BREAKING BAD. Harumph. I think I might pick Michael C Hall for season 6 of Dexter over Bryan Cranston for season 3 of Breaking Bad (is that what is up, here? Do they nominate individual episodes?) I think Dexter's personal arc this season has been fascinating and surprising. Bryan Cranston is always interesting and compulsively watchable, but I don't know that his character was as surprising this season as he was in season 2. Then again, will there ever be a moment as shocking as with Jane again on that show? (OH RIGHT, JESSE AND GALE).

Best Female Actor (Drama Series): Glenn Close (Damages), Mariska Hargitay (L&O: SVU) , Julianna Marguiles (The Good Wife), Elisabeth Moss (Mad Men) and Kyra Sedgwick (The Closer)

I'll go with Mariska Hargitay on this one. Since Christopher Meloni never gets nominated.

Best Ensemble (Comedy): 30 Rock, Glee, Hot in Cleveland, Modern Family, the Office

For entire ensemble? I'd say the Office. That has a lot of supporting players who are key to the show continuing to entertain this far into its run. I'd be okay with Glee or 30 Rock though.

Best Male Actor (Comedy): Alec Baldwin (30 Rock), Ty Burrell (Modern Family), Steve Carell (the Office), Chris Colfer (Glee), Ed O'Neil (Modern Family)

Yay Chris Colfer! It really has been his show so far this season, hasn't it? I'm glad they are recognizing him.

Best Female Actor (Comedy): Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie), Tina Fey (30 Rock), Jane Lynch (Glee), Sofia Vergara (Modern Family), Betty White (Hot in Cleveland)

Enough already for the Betty White frenzy. What the Hell? I'll vote for Tina Fey on this one.

Best Male Actor (Miniseries/Movie): John Goodman (You Don’t Know Jack), Al Pacino (You Don’t Know Jack), Dennis Quaid (That Special Relationship), Edgar Ramirez (Carlos) and Patrick Stewart (Macbeth)

Aww... John Goodman and Patrick Stewart! I think Al Pacino has this one wrapped up, though. And I've said it before, and I'll say it again. If Edgar Ramirez can be up here for Carlos, then Andrew Garfield should be up for Red Riding.

Best Female Actor (Miniseries/Movie): Claire Danes (Temple Grandin), Catherine O’Hara (Temple Grandin), Julia Ormond (Temple Grandin), Winona Ryder (When Love is Not Enough), and Susan Sarandon (You Don’t Know Jack)

Winona what now? Has anyone heard of that?

And why don't miniseries get best ensemble?

No comments: