Monday, February 27, 2012

A few more bits and bobs

From Movieline: 8:52 We were off to such a nice, fast start! And now... this clip reel? "That's when movies were actually made on film." YOUR BEST CINEMATOGRAPHER SHOT DIGITAL, ASSHOLE.

[Ed: Not that he SHOULD have been best, but the point stands.]

9:42 Robert Downey and Gwyneth Paltrow "introduce" Best Documentary Feature: Undefeated. Um, wow. Shocking upset over Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory.

[Ed: Oh good. I'm so glad someone else was surprised.]

9:54 Emma Stone single-handedly saved at least the last half-hour of the Oscars. Thank you, Emma!

10:26 Best Adapted Screenplay: Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash win it for The Descendants. Payne, insufferably, to his mother: "If I ever won another Oscar, I had to dedicate it to you." Well, then.

[Ed: Seriously. What an asshole. Jim Rash FTW.]

11:08 Thank you to the Academy for elevating George Kuchar to roughly 10 dead-industry-people places below Elizabeth Taylor.

And from Slashfilm: Congrats Harvey, you grabbed another one. But, to be honest, the fact that a black and white silent film won Best Picture against such a star-studded line up is pretty extraordinary.

A video tribute to the snubs.  Yup. Shoulda been Drive.

Sadness, Anna Faris from the front is baggy and not as cute.

[Also: The 84th Annual Academy Awards. Brought to you by Susie's sequins emporium.] 

I don't think I ever mentioned, but Busy Phillips looked great. I loved when she randomly showed up on Sarah Connor.

Yup. I was right about Zachary Quinto's eyebrows. Ouch - that much plucking looks painful.

Also - I'm not sure I've said anything on here, but I'm thrilled with all the young hollywood stars coming out; him, Matt Bomer, Jim Parsons, Sean Maher. I don't think stars should be hounded about their personal lives, but I'm also glad that it isn't being seen as a career-ender. [Oh, and he brought Jonathan Groff to the Indies. SO CUTE.]

Someone pointed out that Angelina went all Jessica Rabbit. YES.

You know, I'm pretty sure the yutes only cared about Bret McKenzie winning. I bet if he and Jermaine had performed, that would have brought up viewership. (Twenty year out of date reference! Whoooo! This is why I watch the Oscars! And goodnight.)

No comments: