Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sorry for the absence, boys and girls. Have you ever had one of those weeks where you've been meandering along, punching the clock and then 10 million tons of stuff lands on your head all at once? It was one of those weeks last week. C'est la vie. Among the many, many things, one of my best friends is off to Ireland, my brother got a scooter, I got a pay raise, and I won advance screening tickets to Hamlet 2 tomorrow. I also saw Tropic Thunder, which was very funny. It's pretty up and down, but there were some really hysterical moments. Unfortunately (?) the absolute best comes during Robert Downey Jr.'s fake trailer, which is right at the start.

I won't bother with a full slate of linkspam, but there were a couple of things that caught my eye.

This is beautiful. I particularly like the AT-ATs by the cliff house, and the subbing in for the Blue Angels. *sigh* I miss SF.

The Bulwer-Lytton winners

Also I can't stop listening to this.

Frank Miller Disney Princesses

This made me laugh

And finally, I skipped over this a week or two ago, but the alternate Bond theme is really, really worth a moment of your time. It's still making me smile today.

No comments: