Friday, January 6, 2017
1. Shearwater - Quiet Americans. This was one of the first songs I head at the start of last January and is now one of my all time favorite songs. It's so, so perfect. (There is an official video, but it is new to me, so I'd recommend just listening first and getting swept up in it.)
2. Panic! At the Disco - LA Devotee. Hi Stranger Things child!
4. Beyonce - Daddy Lessons (not shareable because Jay-Z makes bad business decisions. While I haven't really liked much of anything Beyonce has done since Destiny's Child, I really like Lemonade.)
6. Black Honey - Spinning Wheel (hey! Music video. Who knew. How very Lana. I also quite like their songs Madonna and Teenager.)
8. Mitski - Your Best American Girl (Does pointing out her inclusion on 2015 give me hipster brownie points?)
9. The Kills - Doing It To Death. I love this video like I have trouble expressing:
10. Garbage - So We Can Stay Alive. The new album is so good. I think it might be my favorite since Version 2.0.
11. Savages - The Answer
12. Metallica - Hardwired
14. AFI - Aurelia (Awww - look at those three bay area bands in a row.)
15. The Unfortunates - Quarantine. Thank god the next musical I saw after Hamilton was The Unfortunates. It was stupendous, and has become one of my favorites. I listened to this 'album inspired by' all year, and although some of the songs are a bit different than the reworked show at A.C.T., it is still fantastic and highly recommended. (Not on youtube, but here's an Amazon link and an iTunes link.)
16. Hamilton Mixtape - Immigrants (We Get the Job Done) Speaking of Hamilton...