Tuesday, July 28, 2026

One teeny tiny update to top albums

For whatever reason, blogger isn't letting me update the previous post, but it occurred to me that another way to look at top albums across all statistics would be to rank all 65 albums by their placement in each list and then sum that, rather than my previous methodology of assigning a top 20 a 3, 20-30 a 2, and 30-40 a 1, and using those. So, with this new calculation, my top 20 could be:

20No Need to Argue
19Yes Virginia
18Disappearance of the Girl
17Awesome as Fuck
16From The Choirgirl Hotel
15Born to Die
14Dookie
13Paradise
12Elastica
11Sing the Sorrow
10Who Killed Amanda Palmer
9Strange Little Birds
821st Century Breakdown
7Bronco
6Bleed Like Me
5American Idiot
4Crash Love
3Jet Plane and Oxbow
2Garbage
1Version 2.0

And goddammit I just realized I never tallied up Not Your Kind of People. 🤦 (I ALSO forgot Beautiful Garbage but that ends up in tier 2, assuming we aren't counting the number of times I listened to the Lee Hermaphrodite remix of Androgyny.)

NYKOP would be 16th on this list, pushing the Cranberries off, and making 5 of my top 20 albums Garbage albums. 

No comments: