Monday, December 6, 2010

The San Francisco Mix

Right; I love creating mixes. I don't know that I'm particularly good at it, but I enjoy it. I have a long list of songs about San Francisco and California that I listen to whenever I'm feeling homesick, and I thought I'd see if I could put together an actual CD for friends of mine. These aren't all necessarily my favorites, but I wanted a breadth that would cover both San Francisco's styles and appeal to a wide variety of listeners.

So - here it is. (The runners-up to follow shortly)

  1. Save Me San Francisco – Train
  2. San Francisco – Vanessa Carlton
  3. San Francisco – Scott McKenzie
  4. California Dreamin’ – The Mamas and the Papas
  5. We Built this City – Jefferson Starship (Yes. It's terrible. But I still love it. Shut up.)
  6. Earthquakes and Sharks – Brandston
  7. Don’t Stop Believing (Giants 2010) – Ashkon
  8. The City – Richie Cunning (the video doesn't feature the entire song, unfortunately. I love the shout-out to the 29 bus. That's MY bus!)
  9. San Francisco Rain (Chris Lake Remix) – Lys ft. Mooli
  10. California Stars – Billy Bragg & Wilco
  11. Grace Cathedral Hill – The Decemberists
  12. San Francisco – Jill Sobule
  13. I’m Always Drunk in San Francisco – Carmen McRae
  14. San Francisco Days – Chris Isaak
  15. Road Trippin’ – Red Hot Chili Peppers
  16. California, Here I Come – I Love Lucy
  17. San Francisco – Judy Garland
  18. I Left My Heart in San Francisco – Tony Bennett (hula what now?)
  19. Lights – Journey

Right, I'm just going to go ahead and embed the Ashkon video here, because it is wonderful:

No comments: