Thursday, May 17, 2012

Packing Playlist

In honor of a close friend who is moving to the US, I am creating a packing playlist. Generally when I pack, I just set my "Rock Mix" on the highest possible volume, but I never met a theme mix challenge I didn't like...

Manifest Destiny
Billy Joel - Movin' Out
The Animals - We Gotta Get Out of This Place
The Shangri-Las - The Leader of the Pack
Nellie McKay - Suitcase Song
Rusted Root - Send Me on My Way
David Bowie - Changes (also: The Zombies - Changes)
Beastie Boys - Body Movin'
My Chemical Romance - Planetary (Go!)
Cake - Going the Distance
AFI - The Leaving Song
Janis Joplin - Move Over
Jet - Move On
Outkast - The Way You Move
Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
Bodyrockers - I Like the Way You Move
Young MC - Bust a Move
Reel 2 Real - I Like to Move It
Metallica - Wherever I May Roam
The All American Rejects - Move Along 
N.E.R.D. - She Wants to Move
Mims - Move if U Wanna
Chemical Brothers - Leave Home
Patsy Cline - I'm Moving Along
Ray Charles - I'm Movin' On
The Band - The Weight
Ray Charles - Hit the Road Jack
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Aeroplane
The Cranberries - Go Your Own Way (Fleetwood Mac cover)
Madonna - Jump
Supertramp - Long Way Home
Trent Reznor & Karen O - Immigrant Song
Evita - Another Suitcase, Another Hall
Judy Collins - Pack Up Your Sorrows
Spike Jones - Pack Up Your Troubles in Your Old Kit-Bag
The Darkness - One Way Ticket
Beatles - Ticket to Ride
Johnny Cash - I've Been Everywhere
Simon & Garfunkle - America
Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers - American Girl
West Side Story - America
Simon & Garfunkle - Homeward Bound
The Offspring - Gotta Get Away
The Beach Boys - Let's Go Away For Awhile
Travelling Wilburys - End of the Line
Bing Crosby - Far Away Places
Bobby Darin - Beyond the Sea
Led Zeppelin - Ramble On 
B-52s - Roam
Liz Phair - Stratford-On-Guy
Jimmy Buffett - Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes
John Denver - Leaving on a Jet Plane (or Me First & the Gimme Gimmes if we don't want to be maudlin) (ditto those same two for Country Roads)
Beatles - She's Leaving Home
Willie Nelson - On the Road Again
Beatles - The Long & Winding Road
Marta Keen (arr. Jay Althouse) - Homeward Bound
Poe - Fly Away

BONUS VIDEO!

No comments: