Monday, May 14, 2012

Top Ten Horror

So I thought it would be fun to do some of my top 10 favorites in various genres, inspired by this.

First up, Horror:


10. The Fly
9. The Sixth Sense
8. Evil Dead 2/Army of Darkness
7. Let the Right One In
6. Pan's Labyrinth
5. Se7en
4. Scream
3. Carrie
2. 28 Days Later
1. Silence of the Lambs

Honorable Mention: Jaws. I never think of it as a horror film, but it is great.

[UPDATE: I left Stake Land AND Red, White, and Blue off of this list. They get super honorable mentions.]

[Ones that don't do it for me: Rosemary's Baby, The Shining, Friday the 13th, Psycho, Blair Witch, The Haunting, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, The Exorcist, The Birds.]

[To see: The Descent, the Orphanage, Carnival of Souls, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Halloween, Alien, An American Werewolf in London, The Ring, The Devil's Backbone, Audition, Suspiria, Nightmare on Elm Street, May, The Fog, The Mist, Henry, Wolf Creek, and The Thing (I have actually seen The Thing, but years and years ago, and I think I confuse parts of it with an X-Files episode...)]

No comments: