Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Top movie songs (part 4) - the instrumentals

Last one!
(Weirdly, none by Hans Zimmer. I don't know. I think I'd probably like the King Arthur Soundtrack at least - I've just never listened to any of his scores straight through.) There should probably be some Philip Glass from Koyaanisqatsi in here somewhere, too...

Heaven Sent - John Digweed, Groove. Hmmm... I can't find the actual scene, so music video it is.
Fire Up the Shoesaw (LP Version), Go. Okay - I don't KNOW that this was written for this film. And yes, it plays over the opening credits. But god, it's such a great opening to a film. 


Derezzed - Daft Punk, Tron
Car Chase - The Chemical Brothers, Hanna
In Motion - Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, The Social Network
Adagio in D Minor - John Murphy. I'm not sure which film this was first used in, but I always associate it with Sunshine.
In the House, In a Heartbeat - John Murphy, 28 Days Later
An Irish Party in Third Class - Gaelic Storm, Titanic (I do also LOVE James Horner's score. Particularly Never an Absolution - it's so mournful.)
Chariots of Fire Theme - John Williams. They are using this in the Olympics, right?
Theme from Jurassic Park - John Williams
Twisted Nerve - Bernard Herrmann
Vertigo Prelude - Bernard Herrmann
The Good the Bad and the Ugly Theme - Ennio Morricone
Titoli - Ennio Morricone, A Fistful of Dollars
March from Bridge on the River Kwai
Step Into Liquid - Richard Gibbs. Ok - I can't find the song. So here's the trailer.
Endless Summer Theme - the Sandals
The Sting. Pretty much all of it. Here's the Rag Time Dance. (Ok - not written for the film. But so memorable!)
Cells (instrumental) - The Servant, Sin City
The Beginning of the Partnership - Stephen Warbeck, Shakespeare in Love.
The Kiss - Trevor Jones, The Last of the Mohicans. My favorite. Ever ever ever. 

No comments: